Monday, May 6, 2013

pocketfulofgeek: “Love is all around us. This is a story of the...


“Love is all around us. This is a story of the assholes who control it”.


By Dennis Hopeless and Kevin Mellon. From Image comics.

This is my star buy of the week! I picked this up and put it back down without looking in it too many times over the past few months, and it’s really about time I got it (shame on me for waiting this long!). Released in trade in September last year I’m a little late to this party, but damn if it wasn’t good!

If you like your comics unique, cool as hell, and just a little cynical, then this is one for you! The story reads brilliantly with a good mixture of fantasy, mystery, and glamour, that really draws you in.

Hopeless and Mellon have created a story that kept me turning page after page, unable to put it down until the story was finished with me. The interior art consists of wonderful, simple black & white line-art, that really gives you the feeling that you are reading an indie comic (which fits very well with the comics punk sub-themes).

Again I recommend this story if you like your comics oozing in cool, full of cynicism, and just a little bit aware of how clever they are. I enjoyed it, and I hope you will too!

Available on Amazon.

via Tumblr